Tri-City Wellness Center is Carlsbad’s local, community club. We provide a welcoming environment with expert support focused on your total well-being. We offer over 130 group fitness classes a week, a full-service spa, executive-style locker rooms, indoor pools, safe and fun child care, medical and nutritional programs, and so much more. Our knowledgeable, supportive staff is focused on ensuring that you and your family live the healthiest, happiest life possible. Stop by and let us show you all we have to offer! Join our Tri-City Wellness Center community and find it all under one roof.
Tri-City Wellness is committed to supporting the diverse needs of our community. We are excited to announce that we have launched the Step-by-Step for Parkinson’s Program, led by Susan Webster and Jeremy Kneebusch, our Medical Integration team. Through small group training with certified specialists, we can help people with Parkinson’s experience a better quality of life.
Parkinson’s Step-by-Step program information:
Includes Center access anytime and meets for guided group workouts Tuesday & Thursday 12:00 PM -1:30 PM
COST: Members $35/month Non-Members $50/month
A few scholarships are still available, courtesy of the Parkinson's Association - contact Susan to inquire!
The Step by Step Program is for those who have been diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease. Our team of Certified Fitness Specialists work with you to create a plan that includes Parkinson’s physical education and activity, nutrition, and monitored progress.
The Program Includes:
- Safe, customized exercise plans created by certified fitness specialists
- Initial and ongoing fitness assessments to track progress
- Ongoing Parkinson’s education including monthly guest speakers, typically on the second Thursday of the month at 2pm; social activities, and support
- Access to cushioned indoor walking track, healthy cafe, and other amenities
- Nutritional guidance available with our Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Member access to group aquatic fitness classes in the Warm Water Pool
- Other programs are available as well
For More Information:
Susan Webster: Medical Integration Program Manager & Personal Trainer
Susan has lived most of her life in Southern California. She earned a Bachelor’s of Sciences degree in Biological Sciences from the University of California, Irvine and began her Master’s degree in Sports Medicine at Chapman University. A cancer survivor herself, Susan’s knowledge of both fitness and chronic disease conditions allow her to personalize an exercise program to match the goals of any cancer survivor.
Working as a Cancer Exercise Trainer allows her to see the benefits of exercise for both the rehabilitation and to combat the side effects of cancer treatment. Susan has a particular interest in helping people to identify and improve quality of life issues after a cancer diagnosis.
Susan has worked with a diverse population for whom she has created tailored programs for weight management, strength and conditioning and postural imbalances (due to surgical interventions, radiation and chemotherapy). She looks forward to educating clients on exercise and fitness so they can feel confident and improve their health outcomes.
- Exercise programs for people with a cancer diagnosis or other chronic illnesses
- Postural imbalances created after major surgeries and radiation therapy
- Balance Improvement and Core Strengthening
- ACE – Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE – Certified Life Coach
- ACSM – Cancer Exercise Trainer
- RYS 200 – Certified Yoga Instructor
- Bachelor of Sciences, University of California, Irvine
Jeremy Kneebusch: Medical Integration Trainer
Jeremy has worked for 7 years in the Fitness and Sports Industry beginning at Tri-City Wellness Center in 2009. He also worked at Point Loma Nazarene University as a Certified Athletic Trainer covering Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Track and Field, and Soccer. In 2011, Jeremy left Tri-City and became a full time Strength and Conditioning Coach with the Philadelphia Phillies for 4 years handling flexibility programs, conditioning drills, and all team strength training sessions.
- Sport Specific Rehab and Training
- Corrective Exercise and Mobility Barbell/Olympic lift technique
- BOCATC – Certified Athletic Trainer
- NSCA CSCS RSCC – Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist with Registered Distinction
- NASM CES – Corrective Exercise Specialist
- NASM PES – Performance Enhancement Specialist
- USAW – L1 – USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Coach
- Point Loma Nazarene University; BA in Athletic Training