The Parkinson’s Association of San Diego will be partnering with the Davis Phinney Foundation to bring the Victory Summit to San Diego on February 5th, 2011.The Victory Summit symposium focuses on the things people living with Parkinson’s can do today to improve the quality of their lives. Featuring researchers, clinicians and physical therapists in the field of movement disorders, the Victory Summit provides a range of tools and options that people with Parkinson’s can use to live well today.
Topics will include:
- Living Well with Parkinson’s: Research to Practice
- Exercising for the rest of my life
- Speech Therapy
- Deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery
- Panel discussion with national and local experts and people with Parkinson’s
- Davis Phinney, former Olympian, professional cyclist and Parkinson’s advocate
- Presentation of the Local Hero Award
The event is free of charge to all attendees and includes a continental breakfast, lunch, program materials and valet parking. Register early- seating is limited!
To register, or for information, visit www.davisphinneyfoundation.org or call 877-274-7673.