2020 Virtual Walk
Last year’s in-person Parkinson’s Association “Step-by-Step” Walk was postponed in April due to COVID-19. With the health restrictions still in place last summer, we shifted to a Virtual Walk last August.
We had a tremendous response with families and friends walking together just about everywhere and submitting short videos.
This year we plan to hold it as a combination in-person Walk (COVID-19 permitting) and a Virtual Walk. It is tentatively scheduled for Saturday, August 21st.
If we can’t hold the In-person Walk, it will be held again this year as a Virtual Walk, and there will be many more opportunities to be creative and share your cell phone videos.
Past Walk videos and information can be seen on our website: https://ParkinsonsAssociation.org Corporate and individual sponsorships are welcome; please call 858-999-5671 for details.
As we have more information, we will post it on our website and also e-blast it out.
The Parkinson’s Association 2020 Virtual Walk
The 2020 collection of videos from our virtual walkers, hosted by Channel 8 News’ Carlo Cecchetto. Runs 15:00.
The 2020 long version includes of videos from our virtual walkers, information from our sponsors, and comments from the Parkinson’s community about all things Parkinson’s. Hosted by Channel 8 News’ Carlo Cecchetto. Runs 40 minutes.
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR VIRTUAL WALKERS!
Biggest Team (out of 68 teams)
Rock Steady Boxing Downtown – 109 Walkers
Top Fundraising Teams
Rock Steady Boxing Downtown $19,492.84
Bingham Bunch – $10,798.55
Rock Steady Boxing San Diego – $4,371.87
The Mossketers – $2,603.55
TEAM SDCCPSG! – $2,534.83
Live Your Best Life!! – $2,330.63
Top Individual Fundraisers
Lisa Evans – $13,025.93
Madonna Bingham – $4,000.00
Dan Harmer – $2,215.00
Linda Won – $1,899.97
Kathy Jenkins – $1795.66
- Our Sponsors, who provided the funds to make sure this happened. Their generosity is greatly appreciated.
- Movement disorder specialists, neurologists and other medical personnel in all the neurology practices throughout the County, helping us understand the disease.
- Carlo Cecchetto, KFMB News 8 evening news anchor, for outstanding play-by-play, and giving our virtual production a very professional feel.
- Jeff Seckendorf, our video producer, creator of magic in our broadcast production.
- Heather Pearl and all of the staff at San Diego Running Company, assisting as we transitioned from In-Person to Virtual.
- Chris Buscher, our executive director, who brings tremendous energy to the Walk – and the many services of PASD.
- Our Virtual Walk Committee, all members of the PASD Board of Directors, who found a thousand ways to make a virtual walk go smoothly and be almost as much fun as our in-person events:
Marty Acevedo, Kathy Bruyere, Tom Crane, Steve Blostin, Charlie Abdi, Paul Dawson, committee chair.
A special lifetime achievement award goes to Madonna Bingham, who has raised over $100,000 for the Parkinson’s Association of San Diego over the last decade! Madonna, you’re awesome!
How to make your cool virtual walk video.
Steve’s Downtown Rock Steady Video
Ron Henshew Virtual Walk
Virtually Walking in Idaho
Wayne and Florencia’s walk in Napa
Silvia Moriel Virtual Walk
FIGHT PARKINSON’S! In support of Linda Won.
Pete Miller Virtual Walk
Big Daddy Floodberg Walk.
North County Parkinson’s Hiking Group
Rick Brydges and Carolyn Salerno
Rock Steady Boxing – San Diego
Walking for Parkinson’s!
This is PASD board member Steve Blostin!
Wanda Lipinczyk walk!
Walking for Parkinson’s!
The Luna Family!
McTigue Family walk for Joe LIvo
Virtual Waltzing in Support of Linda Won!
Upwalker Virtual Wallk Video
Go Grandma! Team Rock Steady.
Collins Family Virtual Walk
Senior Helpers Parkinsons Virtual Walk Video
The Virtual Shark Walk!
Pat Collins Virtual Walk
Virtual Tai Chi Walk
Modonna Bingham Family Warmup
Rock Steady Boxing for Linda Won
Walking sitting down!
Reporting from Vista!
Parkinson’s Association Virtual Walk 2020!
PASD Board member Dijanna Ristic!
Rock Steady Boxing – Downtown San Diego
Videos from Past [Real] Walks
1-minute video from the 2019 walk.
1- minute video from the 2018 walk.