Are You a Person with Parkinson’s Disease Needing Help with Transportation?
If so, the Parkinson’s Association of San Diego (PASD) is offering a free transportation program in conjunction with Facilitating Access to Coordinated Transportation (FACT) to support San Diego County’s patient and caregiver /care partner transportation needs.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO PARTICIPATE IN PASD/FACT TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM:
- Must be diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease (PD), or be a caregiver /care partner to a patient with PD.
- Must live within San Diego County.
- Rides are strictly for:
- Medical appointments at the offices of neurological movement disorder specialists
- Attendance at regularly scheduled Parkinson’s support group meetings
- Attendance at PASD sponsored or authorized events
Riders must state the purpose of their trip when making reservations.
- Rides are free. Caregivers / care partners also ride for free.
Contributions towards the rides are welcome and must be paid in cash. Credit cards are not accepted. When calling 1-888-924-3228 please be sure to indicate you are requesting a ride under the PASD contract.
- A “no show” rate of $17.00 per one-way trip may be charged for trips cancelled less than two (2) hours before the pick-up time or when a rider is not present at the time of pick-up. THE “NO-SHOW” WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS FEE. AFTER TWO (2) “NO-SHOWS”, A RIDER WILL LOSE ELIGIBILITY TO USE THE SERVICE.
- Trips for PD patients and caregivers / care partners may be shared with other FACT riders.
- Patients who require assistance to travel must be accompanied by a caregiver / care partner. DRIVERS ARE NOT MEDICALLY TRAINED.
- Both ambulatory and accessible vehicles are available. Service animals are permitted.
AVAILABLILTY OF SERVICE
FACT offers transportation from 7:30 am – 8:00 pm Monday through Friday anywhere within San Diego County. Weekend and after-hours trips may be provided subject to availability.
TO SCHEDULE TRANSPORTATION
- Call 1-888-924-3228 Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm up to 7 days in advance of the trip date
- 72-HOUR CALL AHEAD IS RECCOMMENDED
- Fact will do its best to accommodate all ride requests
FACT is an organization that seeks to improve access to transportation for seniors, persons with disabilities, veterans, and the income disadvantaged and fill gaps in existing services.
March 6, 2019