Parkinson’s Association of San Diego Mentor Program
Mentee Terms and Conditions
- I understand that participation as a mentee in the Program is voluntary and that the mentors are volunteers. There is no financial relationship between mentors and mentees, nor is a financial relationship condoned or endorsed by PASD. I also understand that, as a mentee, I can terminate my relationship with my mentor at any time.
- I understand that the opinions, advice, and comments made by Program mentors are their own and in no way represent the views or policies of PASD, its officers, board members, or any other entity or person other than the Program mentor making the comment.
- I understand that the Program mentors, using their training and experience, are not allowed or expected to impart any information that can be construed as medical advice. If any questions are posed to mentors that appear to be asking for medical advice, I understand that I will be directed to ask that/those questions of my primary care physician, my movement disorder specialist, or another medical professional.
- I understand that Program mentors are charged to stay within their scope of training, practice and personal experience when discussing any issue I bring up on conversation with a Program mentor. I also understand that mentors will maintain a call log that includes the mentee name, date, time, and duration.
- I understand that Program mentors have agreed to consider as confidential any and all information brought forth during the mentor/mentee relationship. Conversely, I will not disclose any personal information regarding any mentor, including such things as contact information, without that mentor’s express permission.
- I understand that the scheduling of phone/web calls or meetings with a mentor is at the discretion of the mentor. Although mentors will endeavor to respond to requests for calls and meetings in as timely a manner as possible, there is no guarantee that a mentor will be available at any requested time.
- I understand that PASD has a quality assurance program in place and that I will occasionally be asked to respond with feedback regarding the Program. These comments, in addition to their use as a quality assurance tool, may be used for marketing purposes. On making quality assurance comments, I will have the options to allow PASD to use my comments with my name, without my name, or not to use my comments.
- Not withstanding paragraph 1 of this document, I understand that this document represents the entire agreement between the parties regarding the subject matter hereof and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements. I understand that this agreement may not be orally modified and I am not relying on representations made by anyone other than those set forth in this agreement. I understand that if any portion of this agreement and release is held invalid, the balance shall continue in full legal force and effect.