THE PASD MENTOR PROGRAM
Here’s How It Works
Step one is to identify a mentor. Use the search filters to choose mentors who work with people with Parkinson’s or who work with care partners. Click on the mentor’s photo to read their bio. Everyone brings something a little different to the table, so take your time choosing. All mentors have completed the PASD Mentor Training Program.
Use the contact form under the mentor’s bio to send the mentor a note. You will hear back by email or phone and you can set up a time to talk.
There are some simple guidelines:
- The mentors are great listeners.
- Mentors can listen to you about your experiences and talk about how they relate to their own experiences.
- Mentors can guide you to resources that are appropriate for your specific situation.
- Mentors cannot and will not provide medical advice. Medical issues will be referred to your clinician.
- You and your mentor will decide how and when you communicate and how long your conversations are.
- Everything will be held in the strictest of confidence.
- You agree to the Mentee Terms and Conditions.
What the Mentees Are Saying
This program offers support and resources, in my case, for the recently diagnosed. Irene is compassionate and experienced. She has given me a sense of normalcy; I’m still me in spite of Parkinsons.
SEARCH FOR A MENTOR
Thank you to our sponsors for helping make the mentor program a success: