FACT – Transportation
PASD OFFERS FREE TRANSPORTATION FOR PEOPLE WITH PARKINSON’S IN SAN DIEGO COUNTY
Caregivers/Care Partners Also Ride for Free
The Parkinson’s Association of San Diego is pleased to announce a free transportation program with Facilitating Access to Coordinated Transportation (FACT) to support San Diego County’s patient and caregiver transportation needs.
Facilitating Access to Coordinated Transportation, Inc. (FACT), is a nonprofit agency formed in 2005. In 2006, it was designated by SANDAG to coordinate public, nonprofit, private and other transportation services in San Diego County. FACT seeks to improve access to transportation for seniors, persons with disabilities, veterans, and the income disadvantaged and fill gaps in existing services.
At the Parkinson’s Association of San Diego, our goal is to ensure patients and their caregivers never miss a PD-related medical appointment, PD-related support group activity and Parkinson’s Association of San Diego special events. By developing this partnership with FACT, we will move closer to achieving this goal.
FACT offers transportation from 7:30 am – 8:00 pm Monday through Friday anywhere within San Diego County. Weekend trips are subject to availability. It is suggested to call and schedule rides 72 hours ahead of scheduled appointments. Rides within San Diego County are free (contributions towards to the rides are welcome). Caregivers/care partners also ride for free. Both ambulatory and accessible vehicles are available. Service animals are permitted.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA TO PARTICIPATE IN PASD/FACT TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM:
- Must be diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease, or be a caregiver /care partner to a patient with PD.
- Must live within San Diego County.
- These services are for PD-related medical appointments, PD-related support group activities and Parkinson’s Association of San Diego special events.
- Rides are free. Caregivers/care partners also ride for free. Contributions towards the rides are welcome and must be paid in cash. Credit cards are not accepted. When calling 1-888-924-3228 please be sure to indicate you are requesting a ride under the PASD contract.
- A “no show” rate of $17.00 per one-way trip will be charged for trips cancelled less than two (2) hours before the pick-up time or when a rider is not present at the time of pick-up. THE “NO-SHOW” WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS FEE. AFTER TWO (2) “NO-SHOWS”, A RIDER WILL LOSE ELIGIBILITY TO USE THE SERVICE.
- Patients who require assistance to travel must be accompanied by caregiver. DRIVERS ARE NOT MEDICALLY TRAINED.
TO SCHEDULE TRANSPORTATION
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Rides are available 7:30 am – 8:00 pm weekdays.
Weekend trips are subject to availability.
72-HOUR CALL AHEAD IS RECOMMENDED. FACT WILL DO ITS BEST TO ACCOMMODATE ALL RIDE REQUESTS.
March 6, 2019